- Artist since 1979
- Illustrator since 1981
- Educator since 2000
- For more specific information pertaining to any of the categories refer to CV.
- M.F.A. Printmaking - Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Il.
- Student, Photomechanical Serigraphy - School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Il.
- B.A. Printmaking - Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Il.
TEACHINGCollege of Lake County, Grayslake, Il. 2016- present Adjunct Faculty, Drawing. International School of Comics, Chicago, Il. 2016-2017. Workshop Instructor, Illustration, Fantasy Art. American Academy of Art, Chicago Il. 2000-2016. Full-time Instructor 2000-2016, Illustration, Drawing, Watercolor Painting. Department Chair 2005-2016
• American Watercolor Society, Signature Member since 2010.
• Illinois Watercolor Society, Signature Member since 2008.
• Prismacolor & Grumbacher Fine Art Advisory Council, 2006 - 2008
• The United States Air Force Art Program since 1998.
Numerous professional lectures pertaining to art related topics such as:
- Education, assessment strategies, accreditation, and curricula.
- Careers in art including my career as an artist and illustrator.
- Discussions and demos related to art technique.
- (To see a full list of topics and venues see CV.)
- Spectrum 24/25 The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art, Flesk Publications, 2017, 2018.
- Hokusai’s Great Wave, Biography of a Global Icon, Christine M. E. Guth, U. of Hawaii Press, 2015.
- Why We Draw, Drawing (Magazine), Winter 2013.
- Little Caprices, Watercolor Artist (Magazine), December 2010.
- On Watercolor, The Artist’s Magazine, January / February 2009.
- A Season of Artistic Parody, Chicago Tribune, Tempo, December 7, 2000.
- Art Institute shop opens “just in time”, Inside, December 8, 1999.
- Directing Symbiosis, Step by Step, Volume 14, Number 3.
- The Image is the Thing, Chicago Tribune, Arts & Entertainment, September 15, 1996.
- Gothic Revival, Chicago Tribune, Sunday Magazine, August 13, 1995.
- Print’s Regional Design Annual, 1997, 1996, 1994.
- Illustrators 28th, 39th, 41st, Society of Illustrators.
- Best of Newspaper Design, 7th, 10th, 12th, and 13th, editions.
- 86 People to Watch in 1986, Chicago Tribune, Style, January 2, 1986.
- Chicago Midwest Flash, Spring, 1985.
- American Prints and Printmaking, 1956 - 1981, Print Review 13, Pratt Graphics Center.
- Who’s Who in American Art.
- Who’s Who.
SELECTED ILLUSTRATION CLIENTS INCLUDE
- The Washington Post
- The Washington Post National Weekly
- The Chicago Tribune,
- The Sacramento Bee
- The Carnegie Institute
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- The Field Museum of Natural History
- The Lincoln Park Zoo
- The Goodman Theatre
- Chicago Magazine
- Playboy Magazine
- Harvard Business Review
- The American Bar Association
- The American Medical Association
- Prentice Hall
- McGraw Hill
- B.E.T. Books
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Security Management
- Bellissimo, January 4, 2017
- BANTmag, Gallery, December 27 2016
- Supersonic Art, The Paintings of Tom Herzberg, November 30, 2016.
- Upperplayground News, Surrealist Narratives, November 29, 2016.
- Blog linked to Hi-Fructose Magazine, Pop Surrealist Narratives, November 23, 2016.
- Proteus Magazine, Artist of the Day, November 23, 2016.